Monday, January 10, 2005

Noise

Today I found an article in the technology section of CNN.com that tied into this blog. Here is the link: http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/01/09/gadget.show.fitness.ap/index.html
There are a variety of different things talked about in the article, but one annoys me. Frank Hu. Mr. Hu, er excuse me, DR. Hu states that although exercising is good, " people who were physically active but obese were almost twice as likely to die as those who were both active and lean."
Thanks for the cheering section.
Problem is that Mr. Hu, excuse me, DR. Hu didn't state that his study showed that people who weren't fit AND obese were 2.5 times more likely to die, plus I miss that his study only included women. I'll take my .5+ times to die advantage if I can get it.

Allow me to vent for a moment here. I exercise and game because I've been driven to it. Do you really think I want to walk on a treadmill and game at the same time? I love working the 12 hour days? I love the hourlong commute?
The fact is that I always feel like I'm on a treadmill anyway. The "mean" 80s got replaced be the "anything is possible dot.com" 90s and have been replaced by the "squeeze him until there isn't a drop left" 00s.
I'm just trying to get into good enough shape to live to the next decade. I hope it isn't the "armageddon" 10s.

Yes, I grumpy today and I don't know why, but I do know I want to encourage myself an everyone. Stick with it. On a treadmill or stationary bike it doesn't seem like your going anywhere, but you are.

-Power on

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2005 at 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to WoW and I thought of how I would setup a laptop on an elliptical machine at the gym, but it looks like you beat me to it! I found this blog through dubiousquality. Keep it up! If you're on the Kilrogg server then we have to team up hehe.

-url54 (http://www.urlacher54.net)

 
At October 7, 2005 at 6:46 PM, Blogger jordan said...

I found a lot of useful info about stationary bike on your blog - thank you. I also have a new stationary bike tips blog - please click over and have a look

 

Post a Comment

<< Home